Under the general supervision of the department supervisor and under the direction of the Radiologist, performs routine and specialized CT radiologic procedures at an advanced skills level. Performs procedures to produce computerized tomographic scanner radiographs of designated anatomical areas according to established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs CT Scan Radiology studies; obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns.
- Under the direct supervision of the physician, administers intravenous contrast media. Recognizes complications (e.g., contrast reaction) and treats appropriately.
- Schedules cases to coordinate with other patient examinations.
- Positions and transfers patients comfortably.
- Immobilizes patients as necessary and practices radiation safety procedures.
- Performs duties as on call technologist. Trains new staff. Has passed the CT specialty exam as per ARRT.
- Performs the duties of Radiographer as needed.
- Prepares and maintains written documentation as required by the profession and the department.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited program in radiologic technology and training in computer tomography procedures
- CT Registry required; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- 2 – 3 years experience