Full-Time (80 hours biweekly)
2:30P-11P with biweekly schedule, Weekends and Holidays required, assigned upon start of employment
Shift differential pay
Starting rate of $15.60/hr
Performs Environmental Services tasks to keep the Hospital clean, neat, and sanitized.
High school graduate or G.E.D. preferred.
Experience applying customer service behaviors and communication skills required. Experience in healthcare setting or cleaning industry preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Classified as heavy work by Dictionary of Occupational Titles: May exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Stands and walks constantly on carpet or tiled surfaces.
- Lifts up to 20 pounds on a constant basis, up to 50 pounds frequently, and more than 100 pounds occasionally.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
PORTER, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES Page 2 of 4
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Auditory acuity; ability to hear phone conversations, overhead pages, alarms, etc.
- Sense of smell in order to detect foul odors, chemical odors, etc.
- Reaches up to two feet overhead frequently.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Near visual acuity with color perception in order to read measurements; detect dust, debris, etc.; distinguish trash container colors indicating hazardous waste, etc.
- Push/pulls trash carts, equipment, etc., weighing up to 200 pounds frequently.
Mental Demands–Good mental health; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions; ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables; ability to use units of weight and volume measurements; ability to speak read, and write the English language.
Job Class Specifics
- Hangs cubicle curtains, drapes, etc., and inspects for tears, holes, signs of wear; regularly assesses the physical environment for needed repairs/replacement; notifies supervisor by end of shift.
- Completes Housekeeping Services Work Order at end of shift to accurately reflect completion of assigned tasks, incomplete tasks, and items in need of attention.
- Maintains respect for rights and privacy.
PORTER, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES Page 4 of 4
- Performs all duties in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures; regularly reviews all bulletin boards.
- Maintains ability to assist in other positions, responds positively to abrupt scheduling changes during times of increased patient activity or short staffing situations.
- Coordinates efforts without interference to patient.
- Supplies and equipment are utilized appropriately (i.e., solutions are mixed correctly and products are used as intended).
- Reviews daily assignments; selects and prepares appropriate solutions according to procedure.
- Follows established cleaning/disinfecting procedures when assigned to O.R., Labor and Delivery, Sterile Processing, Isolation; wears gowning, head, face, and foot coverings, as appropriate.
- Maintains all equipment in safe and working condition.
- Personal protective equipment guidelines and procedures are followed to maintain personal protection and infection control guidelines.
- Moves and cleans furniture.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets, compactors and large refuse containers; transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Sets up tables and chairs in lecture centers or conference rooms.
- Wet mops, cleans, waxes, and buffs corridors.
- Washes lights, walls, windows, air vents, etc., using appropriate cleaning solutions; employs established safety practices when using stepladders.
- Moves furniture, equipment, etc. in lecture centers.
- As directed, loads recycled materials onto truck; uses assistive devices as appropriate to task.
- Completes discharge bed cleaning in a fashion that maintains clean and ready beds on all floors at all times and prioritizes areas of heavy admissions as needed.