Part Time Evenings
Monday-Thursday- 2:30p-9:00p at the Imaging Center.
Holiday, weekend, and call rotation.
Under general supervision, performs routine and advanced diagnostic ultrasound procedures at an intermediate to beginning specialist skill level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations such as, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, obstetric and gynecology scans, small parts and neonatal head scans, vascular exams, and assist with interventional procedures.
- Schedules cases to coordinate with other patient examinations.
- Positions and transfers patients safely and comfortably and explains basic procedure.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Selects and operates equipment as needed to perform required exams.
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating order; performs preventative maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis; contacts outside service for major malfunctions.
- Prepares and maintains written documentation as required by the profession and the department.
- Knowledge and use of digital image storage system PACS.Job accountabilities specific to the WellSpan Medical Group/Maternal Fetal Medicine:
- Direct patients to rooms and obtain vitals of patients.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 – 3 years
- Minimum Education:
- Associate’s Degree
- Required Certification:
- RDMS; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Required Courses:
- Accredited program in ultrasound technology
- Physical Demands:
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients