Under the general supervision of the Imaging Support Team Leader, performs various duties related to the communication of non-routine findings, telephone management, processing non-legal and legal requests from WellSpan Release of Information (ROI) department, and assists Radiologists with various duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes release of information requests generated by the WellSpan Release of Information department for legal and/or medical purposes. Performs a precise and exhaustive search of patient imaging records. Prepares a comprehensive inventory of all requested imaging records. Prepares requested communication and records to be released for legal purposes.
- Processes de-identified CD requests that are utilized in research programs.
- Researches, analyzes, and proposes solutions and/or makes recommendations regarding Imaging Information Management processes.
- Contacts patients and other requestors to resolve issues with a request when necessary.
- Provides accurate communication of Imaging non-routine findings to the ordering provider.
- Answers and manages incoming phone calls to the Imaging Information Management department. Consistently provides exceptional customer service by identifying and addressing caller needs in a professional, positive, and caring manner. Transfer calls appropriately when required.
- Processes requests for the duplication of images for continuing of care.
- Processes requests for the importing of outside images into the Picture Archive Computer System.
- Processes requests to disseminate exam information to the designated outside radiology service for timely interpretation of Imaging exams.
- Assists Radiologists with various duties such as importing images, monitoring unread worklists to ensure timely interpretation of exams, and assisting with telephone calls.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Scans documents into various computer software applications and uses a QA process to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains quality customer service by ensuring accurate and complete documentation on required Imaging forms and/or patient records.
- Coordinates mail and other related Imaging items to off-site facilities.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, faxing, scanning, copying, sorting/distributing incoming and outgoing mail, setting up/maintaining files, and preparing reports.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 – 12 months in a healthcare setting
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Preferred Education:
- Associateâ€™s Degree in Medical Secretary, Medical Assistant or related field
- Required Courses:
- Medical terminology within 6 months of hire
- Excellent computer skills; typing and filing skills; able to multitask