Schedule & Location:
PRN (As Needed)
Under the general supervision of the Coordinator â€“ Pre-Hospital Services or Regional Manager Pre-Hospital Services, responds to EMS calls and performs a variety of functions related to patients in accordance with appropriate rules, regulations, and protocols, according to PA DOH EMS Act and scope of practice. If assigned to ED entrance, you will follow all policies and procedures of the health system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to EMS calls whether emergency or routine transport, observes safety policies and operates an emergency vehicle with due regard for others.
- Provides health care instruction/education to patient and family members.
- Prepares patients for scheduled procedures and assists in patient assessment.
- If assigned to ED entrance, you will follow all policies and procedures of the health system.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 – 6 months
- Required Certification:
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) certification in PA; BCLS certification
- Required Courses:
- Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course
- Physical Demands:
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Must possess a valid driverâ€™s license in the current state of residence. Driving record must meet requirements established by WellSpan Risk Management.