University of Southern California
USC Auxiliary Services
, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the
offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a
Lead Hotel Housekeeper
to join our rapidly growing team.
We take pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience at the USC Hotel, from the moment they walk through our doors, and we count on you to help us make the difference! As the Lead Housekeeper, you will have a team of knowledgeable and dedicated housekeepers who will depend on you to supervise, coach, guide, and train them as you work together to maintain our warm, clean, and friendly environment.
- Provide guidance and direction to housekeepers. Assist in the training of housekeeping employees and temporary staff in the proper use of cleaning equipment. Communicate performance standards. Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures, and service guidelines.
- Assist in scheduling staff according to standards and forecasted occupancy; assign daily work tasks to employees.
- Inspect guest rooms, storage areas, laundry areas, restrooms, and public areas to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- Ensure the completion of the Housekeeperâ€™s Report and communicate clean and available rooms to the Guest Services Department.
- D ocument and communicate maintenance requests to the Engineering Department to ensure hotel service quality standards are met.
- Perform standard housekeeping procedures, as needed. Clean and service assigned guest rooms in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards, as needed. Ensure that housekeeping standards are met.
- Provide customer service to faculty, staff, students, and guests. Respond to requests from guests, supervisors, or management in a timely and efficient manner. Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor. Respond to guest requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, roll-a-ways, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of linen and cleaning supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels necessary for efficient operation of the department. Assist with monthly linen and supply inventory.
- Maintain security of equipment, keys, and supplies issued each day.
- Comply with all University policies and procedures and with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- May be required to assist with manager on duty shifts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Experience supervising other workers. Ability to motivate and direct others.
- Thorough knowledge of housekeeping trade.
- Knowledge of all cleaning standards and methods, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the operation of all mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with hotel environment.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
What We Prefer
- Ability to supervise, lead, train, and coach other workers.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Experience in hotel housekeeping industry.
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate for this position is $21.74. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in housekeeping, to include lead experience. Thorough knowledge of housekeeping trade. Knowledge of all cleaning standards and methods, materials, and equipment. Knowledge of and compliance with the operation of all mechanical cleaning equipment. Proven customer service experience. Ability to speak and write in English. Ability to motivate and direct others. Valid driver’s license may be required. Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.