University of Southern California
Our mission is to develop empathy, understanding, and respect through testimony. Our storytelling projects are both based on and inspired by the more than 55,000 testimonies in the Instituteâ€™s archive. They offer a deeper look into the emotional complexities of our survivor stories and are told through the written word, video, audio, and photography. They are opportunities to explore the impact that these voices have and how testimony drives our understanding of conflict and grief as well as resilience, resistance, and hope.
As the Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the institute. You will also manage the phone lines as well as the intake email box. You will assist with different administrative tasks and responsibilities around the institute. Overall, the Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure that every visitor is welcomed positively and all administrative tasks are executed to the highest quality standards. This position will report to the Administrative Program Manager.
- Greets visitors and ascertains other pertinent information. Determines nature of visits.
- Answer incoming calls from the main line. Screens and forward calls. Routes call when appropriate and accurately take and deliver messages
- Responds to questions about the institution. Demonstrate interactives to visitors. Schedule and present tours of the lobby
- Read and respond to intake emails daily
- Responsible for receiving and distributing mail to appropriate departments. Receive and send packages to the institute
- Assures that reception area is clean and tidy
- Responsible for tracking employees in and out office during COVID
- Ensures that lobby technology is up and running; updates displays as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively to guests regarding highly sensitive, emotional topics
- Intermediate to advance skills in all technical aspects including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent grammar and written skills
Education and Experience
Education: Minimum High School or equivalent
2 Years of office experience, preferably as a receptionist/office assistant
Computer and Tech-savvy
Knowledge Of The Holocaust And Other Genocides Preferred
The hourly rate range for this position is $18.20 -$21.00 . When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Less than high school, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 6 – 12 months, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience as a receptionist or comparable clerical experience.