University of Southern California
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing *research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
- Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free professional development online courses; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses & free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events. For more information about benefits, please visit: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits-perks/
The annual base salary range for this position is $64,480.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years. Minimum Experience: 0-1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the same or related field.