University of Southern California
USC Auxiliary Services
, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
, a division of USC Auxiliary Services, hosts more than 9,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff throughout the year in over 50 properties on and off campus. Housing meets the challenge of inviting students into our Trojan family by making them feel comfortable, safe and welcome. We boast top-notch amenities including comprehensive recycling programs, simplified online repair requests, and more. Serving our studentsâ€™ wellbeing is the reason that we are here and we share the same vision and excellence that they do.
We are seeking an
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
to join our rapidly growing team.
As the Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you will lead our team of dedicated, experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate housekeepers to continue providing exceptional customer service. With the opportunity to maintain our warm, clean, and friendly environment your utmost priority, your team will make an immediate difference in our everyday guest experience. We need you to help them continue to be successful and ensure our guests are receiving the
best USC experience.
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, staff, and external customers. Meet customer needs, offer options, resolve problems, and follow up with customers. Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Directly supervise all assigned staff. Interview prospective staff members. Coach, counsel, and train staff. Evaluate employee performance; provide guidance and feedback. Discipline employees as required.
- Schedule, assign, and prioritize workloads. Manage assigned projects to completion. Monitor employee performance on a day to-day basis. Ensure timely completion of departmentâ€™s work.
- May open or close department. Ensure that department is neat and orderly.
- Ensure that customer needs are being met by staff in a timely, professional manner. Coordinate with other departments as needed to provide customer service. Resolve difficult customer problems. Inform manager of customer issues, suggestions, or requests. Offer suggestions to improve the operations of the department.
- Perform staff-level work during peak demand hours or understaffed situations as needed. May assist in answering phones and providing information or transferring calls to the appropriate party or department. Operate department computers and/or University information system terminals.
- Assist with planning and coordination of special department or University events and supervision of staff during events.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all departmental and University policies and procedures as well as applicable government and industry standards and ensures adherence to them.
- Assist the department manager in processing time cards and delivering them to payroll.
- Monitor activities of faculty, staff, students and visitors to prevent theft or other security problems. Reports any unusual activity to security. Observe and report stolen, forged, or unauthorized usage of permits, passes and USCards.
- Develop and implement security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines.
- Oversee the daily operations of the laundry department and develops and implements methods for increasing laundry efficiency. Assign special projects and delegates tasks based on projected occupancy.
- Ensure Hotel surroundings and property are up to standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems, deep cleaning projects, and frequent inspections that meet high-level standards. Work closely with the Hotel Engineer and Rooms Division to schedule and prioritize preventive maintenance and repair items pertaining to guestrooms and other hotel facilities.
- Maintain and ensure an accurate inventory of housekeeping amenity supplies, standard guest room items, linen, and equipment. Establish cost control systems and be responsible for the ordering and receiving of such supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in the implementation of green initiatives and ensures the departmentâ€™s sustainability goals are met. Help to develop green policies that emphasize the proper use of environmental resources.
- Ensure good safety practices in accordance with the Housekeeping Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention Program (MIPP) and is familiar with Emergency Procedures to direct and provide guidance accordingly.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associateâ€™s Degree
- Experience: 2 years of hotel experience and a minimum of 1 year of housekeeping supervisory
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
- Experience supervising, coaching, and training other employees
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with hotel environment
- Knowledge of all cleaning standards and methods, materials, and equipment
What We Prefer
- Associateâ€™s Degree
- 3 years of experience in Maintenance, Housekeeping, and/or Hospitality in a four or five-star hotel
- Required to work weekends, evenings and/or holidays
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The annual base salary for this position is $64,480. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Supervisory or lead experience in related field