University of Southern California
Academic Honors and Fellowships, in the Office of Academic Programs, is seeking a
Student Programs Advisor II
to join our collaborative team, which educates the USC community about university awards, honors, and nationally competitive fellowships, and supports merit scholars to promote a vibrant scholarship community.
As part of the application, candidates must upload one document file (Word or PDF) that contains the following: 1) a cover letter highlighting your advising philosophy and relevant work experience, 2) a resume (including telephone and e-mail address).
- Coordinate and facilitate signature annual events to foster a vibrant academic environment for undergraduate students including the Undergraduate Research Symposium, Undergraduate Writersâ€™ Conference, Research and Fellowships Week, and the Undergraduate Micro-Seminars
- Serve as advisor to the Trojan Scholars Society (TSS), USCâ€™s undergraduate merit scholar student organization, including event support and financial management
- Assist in the recruitment, advisement, application management and selection processes for USC internal awards including the USC Renaissance, Global and Discovery Scholar Distinctions, Academic Achievement Award, and Africa Student Fund, among others
- Collaborate with administrators, faculty and staff to coordinate outreach efforts for external awards such as the Fulbright U.S. Student Program that attract motivated and highly qualified applicants and develop the fellowships culture at USC
- Serve as a liaison to University trustees, donors, administrators, faculty and staff in the Office of Admission, Financial Aid, Residential Education, Academic Advising, Student Affairs, Degree Progress, and others as necessary
- Understand and be well-versed in advising and student development theory and be able to apply these concepts to their practice and delivery of service
- Consistent use of the USC Advisement Database and other university information systems to monitor student progress
- Conduct special projects and emerging tasks as required.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- Minimum of two years of experience advising and developing student programs
- Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education
- Committed to working with a wide range of students interested in enriching their undergraduate experience
- Outstanding communicator (written and oral) able to distill and convey information to diverse audiences.
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling or Related Field
- Knowledge of USC programs, services and software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, as well as flexibility in the face of changing priorities is critical.
To be considered for this opportunity, please include a cover letter at the same time you submit your resume/CV.
Closing date for applications: February 27, 2023, or until filled.
The annual base salary range for this position is $56,020.33 -$66,000.00 . When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Bachelor’s degree Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Student personnel administration