University of Southern California
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC is looking for
to join the team! The DA provides administrative and comprehensive chair-side assisting services for patients during dental treatment procedures for clinical faculty, doctoral dental students, and post-doctoral students in clinical unit(s) and/or affiliated practices.
Please upload CV and DA diploma to be considered for this position.
- Prepares treatment/clinical area for patient care. Organizes and prepares trays, sets up for dental procedures, and maintains adequate supply levels in each operatory. Preps patients and assists with dental procedures. Prepares and mixes materials. Obtains vital signs and monitors patients for complications. Cleans up following procedure, disposes of waste, disinfects area after each patient, and sets up for next patient in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains inventory of disposable materials, medications, dental instruments, equipment, and supplies in the dental operatory and those required for daily operation. Organizes supplies and equipment to minimize loss and maximize utilization. Performs regular audits to ensure the removal of expired materials. Maintains a clean and orderly clinic. Sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with patient registration, appointment scheduling, billing, filing, scanning, and other administrative support duties. Obtains dental history and records from patients and ensures health history is recorded and current. Provides patient education and treatment planning information as directed by attending faculty providers, or by students.
- Prepares materials for making impressions and restorations. Exposes and processes digital radiography and traditional x-rays. Practices radiation safety at all times when using dental radiographs generators.
- Assesses and responds to emergency situations in accordance with emergency protocols. Maintains working knowledge of First Aid, CPR, and Automated External Defibrillator use. Observes students to ensure adherence to strict principles of the standard of care, cleanliness and infection control. Reports any areas of non-compliance to the supervisor and/or faculty. Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $19.00 – $21.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Specialized/technical training Minimum Experience: 6 – 12 months Minimum Field of Expertise: Graduation from an accredited Dental Assistant program. Six to twelve months of chair-side experience in a dental environment or private practice in one or more recognized dental disciplines (general/prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, orthodontics, special patients). Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance, PPO, and dental terminology. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal patient service skills, and ability to multi-task. Working knowledge of proper sterilization and instrument management techniques. Demonstrated experience in a high volume, fast-pace environment. Demonstrated team-oriented and collaborative work style. Ability to travel to and from work at various local locations.