University of Southern California
University of Southern California (USC)
has embarked on an unprecedented period of expansion. USC is now poised to take its place as the preeminent research institution of the 21st century and we are looking for skilled, motivated professionals to help forge the future of higher education.
The USC department of
Facilities Planning and Management
(FPM) is seeking
to join its team.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
performs standard plumbing procedures. Determines the need to repair and/or replace equipment. Estimate materials required for specific job components.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains plumbing system and equipment utilizing a variety of plumbing tools and equipment. Works from blueprints, specifications, and schematic diagrams.
- Makes repairs and/or determines replacement of equipment.
- Plans, coordinates, schedules, and/or modifies plumbing installations.
- Maintains clean job site throughout duration and cleans up job site following work completion. Maintains safe working conditions for self and others. Stores and maintains supplies, tools and equipment.
- Provides leadership and guidance to others who perform similar work. Sets priorities and timelines and monitors the work of others.
- Trains other journeymen, Zone Maintenance Technicians, or other employees on specific skills and tasks, as required. Identifies additional training or defines needs for new or continuing training which would benefit staff.
- Prepares reports and/or maintenance records, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Candidates for the position of
must meet the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of four-year apprenticeship program
- A combined total of at least 9 years of experience (which must include four years of experience as a trade-related apprentice/trainee, plus five years of journey-level experience)
- Experience performing standard trade-related procedures
- General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment
- General knowledge of plumbing codes
- Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety
- Must own designated hand tools
- Valid CA Driverâ€™s License
The ideal candidate for the position of Plumber meets the following criteria:
- Related undergraduate study preferred
- Valid/current City issued Journey-Level Plumber license preferred
The hourly rate range for this position is $38.39 – $40.63. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Facilities Planning and Management (FPM)
FPM (formerly named Capital Construction & Development / Facilities Management Services) is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the breadth of the facilities at USC, and is also dedicated to creating a safe environment for our USC community. Woven into every service, safety is of upmost importance. As FPM, this diverse group of innovative and talented professionals provide high quality facilities construction, operations and maintenance services at USC and serve as dedicated stewards of USC and FPM core values. FPM values
employee recognition, accountability, collaboration, respect, and trust. Join us- apply today!
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent and completion of four year apprenticeship program Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Four years experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of a four year apprenticeship program. Additional five years minimum experience must be as a journeyman. Experience performing standard trade-related procedures. General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment. Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.