University of Southern California
Job Responsibilities Include
- Provide general administrative support to the divisions, including but not limited to calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and daily task management.
- Assist with and coordinates the division meetings and events, as assigned, such as special events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Answer telephones and provides information or refers calls. Take and deliver messages.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information.
- Assist in maintaining office equipment and purchases. Monitor inventory and orders unit supplies. Maintain adequate stock of supplies.
- Serve as resource to division faculty, staff or students on departmental and university procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues.
- Organize and maintain confidential records, reference materials and files.
- Ensure confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty/or staff personnel files.
- Provide backup duties for department receptionist and administrative assistant.
- Other duties as assigned. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must have proficient computer skills (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe) and Internet research skills.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, team player with administrative skills.
- Must have excellent conceptual and planning skills and be able to relate well with others.
- Must have keen organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong human relations skills. Get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining organization and control.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain required confidentiality.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple and overlapping tasks to ensure timely completion within established timelines
- Must demonstrate positive communication and interpersonal skills. Position requires regular interaction with interdepartmental staff, faculty members, and outside collaborators
Associateâ€™s Degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Required Application Documents
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume. Please ensure both of these documents are attached.
Required Documents And Additional Information
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
The hourly rate range for this position is $22.01 – $23.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience.