University of Southern California
Over the years, USC has opened its doors to the surrounding communities, not only encouraging residents to partner with the university, but also inviting academically promising students to become full-fledged Trojans. In 1992, USC launched an initiative to develop communityâ€“university partnerships to guide activities in priority. areas in civic engagement, academic units and departments. Priority areas identified were successful schools, healthy families, connecting campus and community, thriving businesses and safe streets.
This position will support the increase in program services and academic activities of the educational programs affiliated with USC Educational Partnerships. The
will provide leadership and guidance for student workers and support to NAI scholars and community participants. The position will be involved in promoting and recruiting students, K-6 from partner LAUSD schools and will be integrally involved in building trusted relationships and establishing and stewarding collaborations that will solidify partnerships between USC and the community.
The selected candidate will work closely with the Associate Senior Vice President as well as all program leads in the planning and implementation of services for existing and new programming.
- Coordinates program services and/or activities for all programs in the USC Educational Partnerships department. Schedules classes, meetings and/or events. Provides leadership and guidance for student workers, temp. workers, contractors, and/or volunteers. Arranges with vendors for services. Ensures satisfactory follow through on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manages day to day operations for a K-12 public or private academic program.
- Oversees student engagement and performance.
- Communicates with parents and caregivers regarding student engagement and performance.
- Maintains the NAI UPC program Google calendar.
- Liaises with local partner schools.
- Works closely with the on-sight team of teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Oversees UPC Saturday Academy program and ensures that materials are prepared, schedules classrooms and any substitute teachers secured.
- Manages operations during each Saturday Academy session.
- Oversees after-school tutoring program four days per week.
- Manages student attendance and participation.
- Leads recruitment for University Park campus.
- Works closely with partner schools to ensure students and caregivers have information about the program.
- Assists in leading informational sessions for students, parents, staff.
- Works with program team to design programming that is congruent with student needs
- Coordinate production and distribution of program materials including meeting agendas, reports, informational materials, marketing materials, etc.
- Researches and gathers information for program purposes which may include program effectiveness, client needs assessment, budget preparation, etc.
- Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Submits recommendations and prepares reports, as assigned.
- Provides client services by responding to inquiries and requests for information regarding specific program functions.
- Coordinates program services with other offices and staff on campus. Serves as a resource for program information. Represents program on university committees as requested.
- Assists in program fundraising activities. Researches and identifies funding sources. Assists in proposal writing and production.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Documentation and Additional Information:
To apply, submit a resume, 2 letters of recommendation and cover letter (may be uploaded as one file). Please
do not submit your application without these documents.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; retirement plans with employer contributions once you meet Program’s eligibility period; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free professional development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses, and free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball, and other campus events.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
The hourly rate range for this position is $28.62 – $29.04. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
REQUIRED: -5 years minimum of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of both education and experience. -Ability to collaborate with a wide range of roles and organizations outside of the university and connect with internal departments and collaborators. -Excellent written communication skills with ability to effectively compose, clear and concise letters, memoranda, agendas, and summary reports.