University of Southern California
USC Auxiliary Services
, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In the ever-expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options.
has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking a
to join our rapidly growing team.
T he Manager-Auxiliary Services will manage the functions of a department within a section of an Auxiliary Services division, including staff supervision, budget administration and program management. The role may also perform buyer functions or supervise buyers. The Manger-Auxiliary Services will report to Senior Manager, Auxiliary Services Section.
- Provides customer service to students, faculty, staff and external customers. Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers. Ensures full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members. Maintains friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Directly or indirectly supervises department employees and/or student workers, usually through one or more supervisors. Performs recruitment, screening, hiring, orientation and training of department staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback. Counsels, disciplines or terminates employees. Resolves problems referred by subordinate supervisors or staff. Oversees processing of timecards and delivery to payroll.
- Participates in planning and administration of department budget. Provides projections and reports at least monthly for development and administration of budget. Monitors expense and labor costs to meet budget guidelines. Administers the maintenance of accurate records.
- Opens and/or closes department. Directs staff in ensuring that department is neat, orderly and sufficiently stocked. Oversees physical inventory and the security of the department. Arranges for repair or maintenance of equipment or facility.
- Ensures that customer needs are being met by staff in a timely, professional manner. Coordinates with other departments as needed to provide customers with the highest, most rapid level of service possible. Resolves difficult customer problems. Informs Director of customer issues, suggestions or requests. Researches, develops and implements policies and procedures to improve the operations of the department.
- Participates in planning, implementing and administering communications programs within the department as assigned. Schedules and conducts staff meetings as least monthly and individual meetings within department to facilitate attainment of department objectives.
- Plans and administers special department or University events and assigns or performs supervision of staff during events. Coordinates with Marketing Department for effective marketing and advertising of department products and promotions.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all departmental and University policies and procedures, as well as applicable government and industry standards, and ensures adherence to them.
- Participates in strategic planning for department or section. Provides input and assists in developing goals and objectives. Participates in planning and implementing department programs, projects and activities. Administers programs and projects as assigned.
- Maintains automated systems used for menu management or purchasing functions such as inventory control, vendor contract information, cost control and bid analysis. Maintains currency on latest products and trends by reading trade publications, attending seminars and trade shows, and developing and maintaining vendor contacts.
- Develops and implements security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinates security activities with University Public Safety Department. Promotes and maintains standards for security conscious awareness and behavior. Maintains knowledge of University’s crime prevention and suppression programs and services. Ensures dissemination of security related information to staff.
- Lead, direct, and develop team of employees to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives while embodying and using USCâ€™s culture as a guideline.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum Experience: 3 years
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Managerial and purchasing experience in similar type of division. Knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and General Microsoft Office Applications
Valid CA driver’s license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment. For more information, please visit the
What We Prefer
- Preferred Education: Related Graduate Study
- Preferred Experience: 5 years
- Preferred Expertise: USC experience in similar type of division
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The annual base salary range for this position is $61,235.24 – $75,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Managerial and purchasing experience in similar type of division. Knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and General Microsoft Office Applications.