University of Southern California
Street Medicine is seeking a Clinical Office Coordinator to provide support within our Enhanced Care Management Program. The Enhanced Care Management Program will address the clinical and non-clinical needs of the highest-need patients through intensive coordination of health and health-related services. This position will provide administrative support, assist with data reporting, assist with workflow implementation, and coordinate scheduling for the program.
Duties for this position may include:
- Oversees staff calendars, schedules meetings, and maintains office equipment and supplies. Coordinates with relevant university offices to ensure medical staff and medical provider readiness for services and monitors the effectiveness of processes and services. Recommends and implements modifications as necessary to achieve goals and objectives
- Develop billing procedures for Street Medicine Division, including training of team members. Liaises with centralized offices (e.g., billing, scheduling) to address provider or patient concerns or special requests. Research billing questions and denials, working with the billing office to resolve issues and recommend solutions.
- Researches and gathers data and conducts preliminary analysis. Recommends report content and assists with formatting spreadsheets or reporting platforms.
- Supports day-to-day operations of the program including but not limited to schedule coordination, overseeing workflows, and assisting case managers with operational needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field Of Expertise
Two yearsâ€™ experience in an office setting. Experience with billing and compliance. Familiarity with clinical operations. Proven ability to practice discretion with confidential information. Research skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Field Of Expertise
Relevant medical services certifications/licenses (e.g., certified coder, biller, quality improvement). Experience with billing and compliance in a clinical university environment. Experience with credentials necessary for medical staff and providers. Experience with data analysis and reporting.
May oversee staff, students, volunteers, agencies, and/or resource employees.
The hourly rate range for this position is $24.49 – $30.50. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Please include resume and cover letter.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Preferred Education: Minimum Field of Expertise: Two yearsâ€™ experience in an office setting. Experience with billing and compliance. Familiarity with clinical operations. Proven ability to practice discretion with confidential information. Research skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.