University of Southern California
USC Auxiliary Services
, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In the ever-expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options.
has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking to build a pool of candidates for future
Gate Service Ambassador
t o join our rapidly growing team.
The Gate Service Ambassador will be the first point of contact for our students, faculty, staff, parents, and guests. As a gate attendant for the Transportation team, you will take pride in providing the best customer service and maintaining the Universityâ€™s high standards for excellence. Our team keeps the work environment positive and friendly, so that we can always greet our guests with a smile. If you enjoy interacting with and helping guests, join us today!
- Collect parking charges if revenue control equipment is not in service or during special events as required. Process various parking transactions in a high capacity environment, working quickly and accurately with minimal supervision. Record and reconcile parking transactions. Must be able to perform mathematical transactions manually if POS goes down.
- Provide information, directions, and assistance to campus visitors using the parking facilities. Observe parking structure(s) and surrounding areas around gate entrance booth(s).Open/close lots or gate entrances for business and controls exits by revenue control equipment.
- Report problems, such as missing parking signs, equipment failure, needed repairs, and other general maintenance needs to supervisor and/or designated staff. Contact campus police to report vehicle or pedestrian accidents and other problems where DPS action is needed.
- Ensure necessary forms and supplies are available in the entrance booth/s, including appropriate revenue envelope, cash revenue and other monies from parking revenue is reconciled with MOD.
- Study and maintain currency with all applicable policies and procedures, contracts, and related legal issues.
- Notify appropriate personnel in the event of an emergency. Maintain complete and accurate records of all student- or staff-related safety incidents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma; Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Experience: 1 year
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Cash handling experience
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment
Valid CA driver’s license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment. For more information please visit the
What We Prefer
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree
- 2 years of experience of relevant customer service experience
- Experience in a fast-paced retail environment
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $17.25 – $17.50. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education. Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: One to three years of customer service.