University of Southern California
We are seeking a talented full stack web developer with a commitment to excellence to join our team who will work with a team of programmers in building an advanced data repository. You will be an integral member of the development team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems and create intuitive and effective user experiences for research applications.
This is a hybrid position working out of downtown Los Angeles.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, installs, documents, and maintains moderately complex software applications.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and direction to other programmers, as needed. Reviews the work of others, as requested.
- Determines software application objectives, scope and requirements.
- Produces the required analysis and application design, either individually or by actively participating in development process. Produces design specification documents.
- Translates design specifications into programming languages.
- Develops test data and routines required to test and revise application(s).
- Ensures application(s) is thoroughly tested before release. Writes reports of test results.
- Detects and debugs programs whenever problems are reported or encountered.
- Trains users and programmers as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge And Abilities
- Good problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and clear English communication
- Proficient in Python, Java, Spring Boot, Flask, Django or similar technologies
- Knowledge of AJAX, XML, JSON
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues
- Experience with MySQL, Tomcat, and Linux
- Experience with an object-oriented language like JAVA or Python
- Ability to transform UI Mockups/design to code
- Ability to work independently and effectively incorporate feedback
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other programmers
- Preferred but not required â€“ experience with JAVA, JSP, Servlets
- Interest in data science and/or neuroscience a plus
Requirements & Qualifications
- Five years of progressive systems development experience
- Bachelor’s degree Combined work experience and education as equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of full stack web development experience
- Minimum of 2 year of experience with modern DevOps tools, such as Git, GitHub, and/or Jenkins
The hourly rate range for this position is $51.91 – $57.70. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages. Competent to work independently on complex programming activities.