University of Southern California
USC Auxiliary Services
, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in
Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
, a division of USC Auxiliary Services, hosts more than 9,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff throughout the year in over 50 properties on and off campus. Housing meets the challenge of inviting students into our Trojan family by making them feel comfortable, safe and welcome. We boast top-notch amenities including comprehensive recycling programs, simplified online repair requests, and more. Serving our studentsâ€™ wellbeing is the reason that we are here and we share the same vision and excellence that they do.
We are seeking a
to join our rapidly growing team.
The Program Specialist will assists in the planning, organization and delivery of services and activities specific to a University program. Provides specialized professional services such as counseling, testing and evaluation, teaching or events planning.
- Provides a professional service such as counseling, testing and evaluation, teaching or event planning in support of a university program. Assists program management with administrative functions covering planning, budgeting, proposal development, and marketing of program services.
- Tests and evaluates the effectiveness of existing program content and services. Recommends and implements modifications as necessary to ensure achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Researches and identifies client or beneficiary needs and recommends program modifications or creation of new programs and services. Assists in the design and delivery of programs, services and special events.
- Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to staff, student workers, volunteers, and/or graduate assistants. Leads others in the planning and delivery of services, activities and special events. Develops and conducts program-focused training and assesses proficiency or readiness of trainees.
- Interfaces with faculty, researchers and staff for committee work or information exchange regarding program services or content.
- Researches the market and develops marketing strategies to promote program. Creates information materials and plans activities and events to support marketing strategies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of program policies and procedures.
- Stays informed of developments in field. Reads pertinent literature, attends meetings and participates in professional associations as appropriate. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts.
- Coordinates program services with other offices and staff on campus. Serves as a resource for program information. Represents program on university committees as requested. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Expertise: Directly related professional experience in program specialization, e.g., counseling or teaching.
Valid CA driver’s license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment. For more information please visit the
What We Prefer
- Education: Masterâ€™s Degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Expertise: Special education, licensing or certification requirements may exist for some positions based on program content and service
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese
The Trojan Family Rewards
We pride ourselves in creating the
BEST USC EXPERIENCE
, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu .
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $18.93 – $28.20 When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâ€™s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional experience in program specialization, e.g., counseling or teaching.