Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Personal Lines Account Manager II for our department! This is a remote position working full-time, Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:30PM CST.
You will work within defined guidelines and frameworks, advising on personal lines insurance products and providing appropriate coverage to members and nonmembers. You will underwrite applications for USAA and multiple additional admitted and non-admitted carriers. Employees will adapt to each carriersâ€™ unique underwriting, platform, and other critical guidelines, to ensure appropriate pricing for members and nonmembers with risk and exposure beyond USAA’s appetite.
What You’ll Do
- Use a consultative approach to build rapport with members with various risk profiles to settle their needs and recommend and provide solutions based on expanded personal lines products which may include auto, non-standard auto, home, condominium, dwelling fire, renters, personal articles floater, umbrella, and specialty property (ex. Wind, coastal and brush) and provide relevant service offerings for issued products in all US states and territories.
- Align the memberâ€™s and nonmemberâ€™s needs to expanded personal lines products, evaluating USAA and additional carriers to address each memberâ€™s and/or nonmemberâ€™s risk profile. Evaluate and adhere to USAAâ€™s and carriersâ€™ unique underwriting criteria and process requirements for expanded personal lines products to ensure appropriate approval and pricing to issue and service member policies.
- Underwrite policies using a critical thinking/resource-based approach to include property appraiser/permit search/carrier manuals/verifying data with supporting documentation, etc. vs. a system/member-led approach.
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of USAA core systems as well as Agency systems including comparative rater, agency management system, and multiple systems to determine the appropriate product and terms to recommend to the member or nonmember.
- Effectively document all policy information, carrier correspondence, and carrier forms in Agency Management Systems/ Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to facilitate membersâ€™ and nonmembersâ€™ insurance renewal process.
- Provide expanded personal lines account service for memberâ€™s and nonmemberâ€™s including policy changes, endorsements, renewals, cancellations, reinstatements, and record updates within agency systems. Tracks and follows up on sales opportunities with comparative rater systems and sales follow up.
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
- 1 year of insurance sales and service experience, and/or experience working in a Personal Lines multicarrier insurance agency or broker setting.
- Valid Property and Casualty Insurance Agent license for home state.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
What Sets You Apart
- 5+ years Personal Lines Insurance experience.
- Experience with Agency Management System and/or Salesforce.
- Experience working in multiple carrier environment.
- Experience with documentation, document handling, using DocuSign.
- Experience with starting application to include underwriting and servicing.
- Ability to multi-task using multiple applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Outside of the box problem solvers.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$47,820.00 – $75,240.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.