Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Media & Marketing Lead specializing in Paid Search. This Lead position can be based in one of our following locations: San Antonio, TX office or work Remotely in the continental U.S. with occasional business travel.
The marketer will lead the creation, facilitation and execution of our digital media strategy and optimization to drive acquisition and efficiency. With your expert knowledge of the search landscape, you will work with key USAA and external partners to drive a best-in-class search program for Bank marketing campaigns. The role serves all external media needs to ensure completion of the marketing strategy through the development and implementation of digital focused media planning, buying and campaign optimization. Ensures Paid Search campaigns and all forms of digital paid media is scheduled and delivered according to the marketing plan and complies with the organizations marketing standards.
To succeed, you will need to be a self-starter with skills to influence cross functional teams in planning and executing campaigns across the primary search engines (Google Ads and Microsoft/Bing Ads) using SA360. You must have deep knowledge of hands-on execution using leading SEM platforms and tools, excellent project management skills, and a demonstrated passion for and deep knowledge of search, data, and broader digital media.
What You’ll Do
- Develops highly complex, multi-channel media strategies, working with a broad spectrum of media to ensure marketing strategies are integrated, ensures media strategies are on brand.
- Collaborates and may lead Media Team to translate and interpret business intelligence and internal client objectives to guide media agencies and enable them to develop media strategies that support business objectives.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and leadership to understand the parameters for developing media strategies.
- Socializes media proposal and recommendations to partners and/or management to include senior executives
- Ensures that all necessary client media plans are implemented correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manages highly complex budget plans whether.
- Communicates status with management and internal/external partners as necessary.
- Mentors others to ensure that media team is effectively communicating, collaborating and working with agencies and/or internal partners such as analytics.
- Serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on high priority matters of a unique nature.
- Effectively directs agencies to ensure alignment with goals and prioritization.
- Applies an expert understanding of analytics and measurement tools/techniques to test and optimize performance against objectives.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a marketing, sales, advertising and/or communications function, to include at least 4 years experience in one or more of the following areas: social marketing, digital marketing, website merchandising, search marketing, mobile marketing, or digital campaign management.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of digital or social marketing industry and practices.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge on impact of social marketing to an omni-channel experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in influencing business decisions, success in leading, influencing, motivating and collaborating with key partners.
- Effective communication and presentation skills; able to present to all levels of leadership
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What Sets You Apart
- Expert knowledge of search marketing across paid and organic.
- Experience leading all major self-serve SEM platforms (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads) and testing new keyword-based channels.
- Deep understanding of digital tracking practices and analytics enablement applicable to SEM. Google Data Studio expertise preferred.
- Experience with management of SEM budgets of at least $50M.
- SEM leadership experience within premier advertising/digital agencies or brands with in-house paid search capabilities.
- Experience making recommendations regarding SEM feature adoption, based on thorough awareness of the current and emerging SEM landscape.
- Experience with management of agency relationships and resources, and ability to influence across divisions, departments, and teams.
- Experience within other digital media channels outside of paid search (programmatic, paid social)
- Experience in Agile teaming.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $115,240 – $220,270.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.