Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are looking for an Advice Product Management Manager to join our growing Bank product team. The Bank Advice Product Management Manager will work closely with our enterprise-wide advice stakeholders to handle and deliver a Bank advice strategy that further differentiates USAA in the market and provides industry-leading value to the membership. The role will partner across all Bank product lines (e.g., deposits, credit card, lending) to assess current advice content and capabilities to build a prioritized roadmap of Bank advice investments to further improve the financial security of USAA’s members while driving bank membership and product growth. In addition, this role will be responsible for the bank’s advice affiliate relationship and contract with USAA’s Enterprise Advice Group.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What You’ll Do
- Uses resources to gather analytics, competitive intelligence, and member information to support formulation of product strategy.
- Participates in the development of product strategy recommendations.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or partner.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use sales guides and provides education on products and services, including new offerings and improvements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing product communications.
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes, financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned products.
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are crafted, implemented, and handled in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to advise product or sales forecast and planning.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4+ years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 2+ years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in handling product performance).
- 1+ year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in crafting product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to build product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA, Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience curating or running financial content for a medium to large sized regional or national financial services institution
- Passion and curiosity for consuming, digesting and analyzing financial advice content
- Proven experience collaborating, prioritizing, and delivering on cross-functional initiatives within a large organization and/or with third parties.
- Understanding of risk management principles, processes including process risk assessment, control design and delivery, performance reporting, and linkage to key risk indicators and risk statements
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines with a focus on effective and succinct communication to peers and senior leaders
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $104,660 – $199,970.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.