Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in the following location: San Antonio, TX. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
We are seeking a dedicated Manager, Financial Operations for our Treasury Operations team.
This role manages, develops, and motivates staff responsible for activities related to financial operations and aligned with the attainment of department goals, providing financial operations knowledge in support of the teamâ€™s day-to-day activities. Accountable for the implementation of business plans in compliance with all prescribed policies, procedures, and regulations. Represents the department on initiatives and projects.
What You’ll Do
- Manages staff responsible for processing financial transactions to include member deposits, payments, transfers, accounts payable and receivable transactions. Ensures transactions are processed within the appropriate system in a compliant and timely manner.
- Responsible for providing direction and assistance to staff in the fulfillment of financial operations ensuring all transactions are in adherence with Federal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assesses training requirements and determines individual training needs.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of applicable systems utilized in daily functions and operations.
- Advises staff on complex procedures and decisions. Researches and resolves escalated issues for member accounts. Partners with third-parties to inquire on information required for escalation resolution.
- Monitors productivity through reporting. Analyzes workflow and processes to identify and implement improvements to gain efficiency.
- Responsible for coordinating the documentation review of all processes and procedures for the team to ensure up to date. Makes recommendations to improve processes.
- Represents and leads the department on various committees, projects, and initiatives providing the financial operations perspective.
- Compiles, analyzes, and prepares reporting data on volumes, hours, and staffing for tracking, trending or planning purposes.
- Develops staff to maximize resource productivity to ensure defined business goals and objectives are met.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of financial services experience related to processing financial transactions.
- 2 years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and applicable systems such as payment processing systems, accounts payable/receivables processes or similar.
- Previous experience in money movement transaction processing or Financial Institution regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to build effective cross-functional relationships with employees of various levels throughout the organization.
What Sets You Apart
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner [optional]
- Third party management experience.
- Risk and compliance experience.
- Process improvement/project management experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $71,490 – $136,690
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.