Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Learning Performance Consultant â€“ Mid Level based in one of the following regional office locations: San Antonio, Plano, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa, and Chesapeake. This role is a hybrid work type.
As a Learning Performance Consultant at USAA, youâ€™ll serve as an internal resource to enhance the performance of employees through the identification and facilitation of learning solutions. Youâ€™ll also partner with the business to identify gaps in knowledge and make recommendations to enable achievement of performance goals.
What You’ll Do
- Partners with business and internal peer partners to identify learning opportunities, define learning requirements define learning requirements (problem identification, performance requirements, measure of success, etc.), develop learning plans, and facilitate the delivery of learning solutions.
- Facilitates internal business partnerships to proactively solve business problems related to learning and performance opportunities and ensure appropriate elements are communicated in a clear and timely manner.
- May evaluate and engage external vendor partnerships to assess specific learning solutions and implement as appropriate.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes to provide effective learning solutions.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Gathers business information, analyzes data trends to identify root cause(s) driving employee performance issues and proactively provides recommendations for learning solutions to the business or project teams to improve employee performance.
- Guides the business on strategy implementation in the pursuit of business solutions.
- Recommends Learning & Development best practices for project implementations.
- Curates and organizes course content to produce engaging, informative, and visually compelling programs on appropriate delivery modalities to meet the learning needs of the business
- Manages and engages third party vendor relationships to provide learning solutions to specific communities
- Manages a portfolio of instructor-led class enrollments and attendance. May collaborate on performance improvement projects and designs and implements performance improvement interventions or plans to support business learning requirements.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 4 years of experience coordinating, defining, developing and/or delivering learning and development programs aligned to business needs.
- Experience gathering requirements and being a liaison to business partners regarding learning needs.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to advance team, organization and enterprise goals and objectives.
- Experience implementing innovative learning solutions.
What Sets You Apart
- 3 years casualty adjusting experience
- Claims leadership experience
- Experience with Adobe and / or Articulate products
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the auto claims contract as well as application of case law and state laws and regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions, and managing work to achieve strategic goals. Experience with digital learning technologies, adult learning theories and/or instructional design approaches.
- Experience in consulting, influencing, and communicating at an executive level.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $67,100 to $120,700
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAJobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.