Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead to work in the Program Office Team in USAAâ€™s Enterprise Compliance and Operational Risk Testing organization. The Lead will be responsible for leading and executing quality control evaluations and Front line of defense oversight testing. This individual will provide coaching to ECORT and FLOD staff and leadership as necessary based on Quality Control/testing results. This individual will provide ongoing advisory support to FLOD teams regarding expectations pertaining to the Enterprise Quality Control and Testing Standard.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Charlotte, NC. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What You’ll Do
- Develops the steps needed to test and/or analyze compliance with complex policies/procedures and laws/regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in a specific subject/business area and provides guidance to team members on complex issues.
- Leads and manages a grouping of tests to ensure operational risks and compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Reviews and executes, as needed, work papers to support conclusions of test findings.
- Provides input on allocation of resources to complete testing activities.
- Performs complex qualitative analysis of data.
- May develop executive briefs and present to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with the business and internal control partners (Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal) to facilitate collaboration between all lines of defense for testing.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience (internal/external audit, operational risk/compliance testing, quality assurance)
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying federal and state laws and regulations and guidance or operational risk principles/concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of testing techniques and data analysis principles, as well as the ability to interpret subsequent results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What Sets You Apart
- Prior ECORT experience
- Testing experience (FLOD, SLOD and/or Audit)
- Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control experience
- Experience leading quality assurance/quality control or testing engagements
- Professional designation such as CRCM, CAMS, CIA
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $ 115,240 – $ 220,270
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.