Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Manager, Claims Operations, supporting Property Express and for one of our Tampa, FL Campuses or the Chesapeake, VA Office.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in Tampa Commerce Park, Tampa Crosstown or the Chesapeake, VA Office. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
This leader manages and is accountable for property and other claims operations member service employees who are responsible for serving our members, and providing appropriate solutions as they investigate, evaluate, and negotiate the claim. Develops engaged employees through regular coaching and feedback to deliver business results. Executes process improvements, provides feedback on the process, and leads organizational process changes. Drives execution of operational risk management, regulatory compliance training, policies, and procedures.
**There are 2 Positions Available**
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Inspects and reviews quality of claim files and provide feedback to employees as appropriate.
- Responsible for ongoing coaching and driving awareness so employees understand how their work and contributions support the overall claims and Enterprise strategies.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness, member experiences and processes providing feedback to internal partners
- Creates conditions for success removes obstacles, leads and champions change.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of work to ensure consistent execution of processes and adherence to guidelines and frameworks.
- Handles escalations and makes appropriate decisions based on the policy.
- Facilitates and guides employees through skill identification and developing for career progression Supports projects by serving as a subject matter expert.
- Hires, develops, and coaches claims employees for results delivery.
- Consistently coaches employees on claims handling and identifies opportunities to improve overall process and engagement.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree: OR 4 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of progressive customer service, operational, military or leadership experience to include a minimum of 2 years of claims handling experience required with demonstrated proficiency.
- 2 years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Experience using and interpreting data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, customer service and/or claims handling skills.
- Acquisition and maintenance of applicable insurance adjuster license within 6 monthsâ€™ time in role.
What Sets You Apart
- 2+ years of experience with property claims contracts
- 2+ years using Xactimate or Xact Contents
- Currently reside within a commutable distance to a Tampa Campus or Chesapeake VA Office
- Bachelors, advanced degree, or related professional certification(s)/designation(s)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate and build relationships
- Strong commitment to training, coaching, mentoring and development of employees
- Strong interpersonal communication skills which include both verbal and written communication
- Ability to work a Saturday work schedule (every Saturday)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $95,250 – $182,030.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA, our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.