Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Life Solutions Specialist for our San Antonio, Colorado Springs, Tampa or Phoenix offices with the desire to work a full-time schedule in a USAA office. As a Life Solutions Specialist you’ll ensure the financial security of our membership by assessing member life insurance needs, providing advice and / or referrals for advice, and making the appropriate recommendations based on membersâ€™ individual needs and goals.
Our in-office development program provides the training you need and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership.
After successfully completing the in-office 6-month learning program, you may have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work from home 2 days a week.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. Itâ€™s both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. Weâ€™re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
Military veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Receives request for advice from current and prospective members through various channels, including inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, faxes and video telephony.
- Asks questions to discover key information, including life events, and to understand member needs. Documents relevant information.
- Assesses member financial situation and goals.
- Develops and communicates appropriate life insurance strategies based on individual member needs. Provides basic protection advice and strategies.
- Recommends relevant life insurance product and solutions and refers members who may need financial advice to the respective department.
- Motivates member to take action on recommendation(s) and resolves objections using basic sales techniques and developing persuasion skills. Implements recommendation(s).
- Monitors legislative initiatives that may impact economy, society, and personal financial situation.
- Educates membership on implications of economic, industry trends, and tax law changes, as well as USAA’s products and services.
- May conduct outbound follow-up calls to complete member acquisition of products and services previously discussed.
- Monday â€“ Friday / 7:30am â€“ 8:00pm (Central)
- An 8hr shift will fall within these hours
- This role is required to be in office, with potential hybrid opportunity after 6mts.
What You Have
- High School diploma or GED
- Up to 2 year financial industry and/or sales experience
- Experience delivering frequent written and oral communication
- Experience acquiring and applying new concepts and information
- Experience processing and analyzing information
- Experience fulfilling requests and meeting deadlines
- Experience resolving conflict and negotiating
- Experience multi-tasking in an operating systems environment
- Experience participating in or leading teams
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
- Required maintenance of Life/Health license and/or acquisition within 90 days
What Sets You Apart
- One year of customer contact/sales experience in a call center environment with life insurance or financial services sales.
- Active group 1 Life and Health license
- CLUÂ® – Chartered Life Underwriter
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $50,250.00-$80,200.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.