At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This position is a
hybrid work type
and can be based in one of the following locations:
San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO; Chesapeake, VA or Tampa, FL
. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
The candidate selected for this position will get to work firsthand with our Actuary and Analytics and Claims Executive Management Group partners to deliver impactful visualizations that will incorporate Guidewire and legacy data and that will be vital to the success of our Operations partners. Additionally, the candidate selected will also help innovate the way we visualize data for our Claims partners
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Leads and provides oversight in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes and expert understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead or direct the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation or data collection.
- A strategic partner with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices – often selecting the right data â€˜tool for the jobâ€™ – to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value.
- Provides thought leadership and system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- Provides internal team leadership by mentoring and providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Prioritizes, assigns, and monitors work assignments under the direction of management.
- Influences and drives Business Intelligence maturation across the Data & Analytic community.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other business-related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of data & analytics experience; OR 6 years of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 8 years combined experience; OR Advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline and 6 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.).
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Experience and expertise in the identification and implementation of innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Extensive experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills delivering tailored presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in embedding intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Demonstrated data and/or analytics subject matter expertise.
What Sets You Apart
- SME in Tableau and SQL.
- Experience with Snowflake and/or Dremio.
- Property & Auto Claims industry experience.
- SAS experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$115,240 – $207,430.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.