At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This position is a hybrid work type and will be based out of our San Antonio home office. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
A change manager plays a key role in ensuring that organizational projects and initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee and member adoption and usage. This person focuses on the people side of change, which involves preparing, supporting, and equipping people to adopt and use changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles, organization structures, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Complete change management assessments
- Assess current awareness of the change, and identify areas of resistance
- Create alignment of goals, objectives, and strategic initiatives
- Identify and manage adoption, usage, and reinforcement of change
- Provide leadership and direction to enhance effectiveness of change
- Prepare, equip, and support leaders and people managers
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk-mitigation tactics
- Allocate budgets and resources efficiently
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team of Change Management and readiness resources to understand, plan, manage and sustain change and ensure client success.
- Supports work to understand the change initiative, identify integration points and impacted audiences and assess the impact of the change. creates and modifies change management plan.
- Creates and manages execution of the change management plan for multiple projects or small programs to include development of sustainment plan to ensure change is properly sustained by the business following the end of the formal project.
- Manages and monitors implementation of change tactics that support change; monitors and adjusts for resistance and acceptance of change.
- Supports and influences the design, development and management of the change to all stakeholders and all impacted teams.
- Coaches and influences business leaders on change, as needed.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of directly related experience such as organizational change management, communication, organizational development, marketing, human resources and/or project delivery and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects; OR if Advanced degree, 2 years of directly related experience, as previously referenced.
- Proficient knowledge of project management and/or change management function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Experience partnering for clientâ€™s success, applying emotional intelligence, organizational savvy and politics, overcoming resistance to change and advising/coaching leaders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include ability to develop communications materials for multiple audiences.
- Understanding of project management methodologies delivery and principles.
- Working knowledge of risk and regulatory requirements.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $86,520 – $165,340
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.