USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
Uses quantitative methods to identify credit risk, develop and deliver credit strategies, and supervise credit performance for consumer credit portfolios to optimize profitable growth within risk appetite. Mitigate operational and compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors internal and external factors impacting credit strategy performance for bank portfolio products.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employeeâ€™s manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from of one of our offices in San Antonio TX or Plano, TX.
- Identifies and runs existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are successfully identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Applies industry leading practices and analytical skills to identify risks and opportunities within the handled portfolio and translates results into strategic solutions with the delivery of credit risk strategies.
- Applies critical thinking skills to synthesize analyses, identify root causes, and develop clear and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategy development and influence senior decision makers.
- Assists in delivering Bank credit risk strategies across lines of defense by optimally driving analytical projects through analysis of data and processes and clearly communicating insights/recommendations to key collaborators and leadership
- Applies industry knowledge and driven benchmarking to advise credit strategy development.
- Applies quantitative analysis based upon internal and external data sources to bring structure and clarity to challenging problems.
- Develops and presents comprehensive risk and financial reporting in support of senior management and committee oversight of existing and emerging risks and advances the quality and direction of credit performance to appropriate levels of management.
- Performs sophisticated financial risk sensitivity analysis.
- Builds requirements to support the management of credit strategy infrastructure and ensures credit strategies are implemented as intended.
- Applies programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data.
- Provides support for junior team members regarding analytics and risk management.
- Collaborates with key partners to guide & facilitate teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical subject area; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of proven ability in an analytical field or work passionate about leading analytical projects, sophisticated analytics, and risk assessments such as analyzing and interpreting complex bank credit risk data and credit or financial analysis activities, and/or driving activities that support consumer credit risk strategy; OR an advanced degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical subject area and 2 years of experience in an analytical field or work focused on leading analytical projects, advanced analytics, and risk assessments.
- Understanding of banking regulations, risk and/or compliance.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Good eye for business and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong research, investigation skills and demonstrated good judgement in problem solving.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g., SPSS, Python, R or Visual Basic).
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable guidance to include: FCRA, Reg B, UDAAP/UDAP, OCC Heightened Standards, OCC CREDIT RISK GUIDANCE.
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, R, Python and/or other programming/reporting tools
- Experience with quantitative analysis
- Experience in developing risk strategies for Credit Cards or other lending products
- Experience at bank/financial institutions
- Experience with communicating and presenting sophisticated concepts to non-technical people
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200-144,500
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit
USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.