Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
* This is a hybrid role and will be located in our San Antonio Home Office. At USAA, our hybrid employees are onsite at least 3 days a week. *
We are seeking a dedicated Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services (â€œCREWSâ€) Executive that will be responsible for leading the strategic and operational directives of USAAâ€™s CREWS functions, including corporate real estate, food services, corporate travel services, corporate fleet and aviation and logistics in accordance with USAAâ€™s goals and objectives, internal policies and practices and applicable legal and regulatory requirements. This position interacts with the most senior executive levels across the enterprise in aligning enterprise and business strategies and key CREWS support initiatives across the USAA portfolio.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads, directs and oversees the implementation of short and long term objectives and other key initiatives supporting location strategy, occupancy planning and workplace strategy, transaction management, and strategic business partnerships.
- Leads, directs and oversees the implementation of short and long term objectives and other key initiatives supporting design, construction and renovations of USAAâ€™s real estate portfolio and critical and supporting infrastructure.
- Responsible for the appropriate long term replacement strategy and planning for USAA property and owned/leased real estate.
- Leads, directs and oversees the implementation of short and long term objectives and other key initiatives supporting property engineering and facilities management, food services, fleet and corporate aircraft, safety and environmental programs, logistical operations and sustainability.
- Must leverage experience and relationships with Procurement, Legal, Risk, HR and CFO and other key stakeholders in managing objectives across USAA.
- Ensures the effective and efficient financial planning, management and forecasting of all CREWS activities based upon strategic and operational financial plans.
- Responsible for adherence to operational financial plans and capital improvement budgets supporting the management of USAA assets with focus on primary benchmarking and metric performance.
- Functions in a fiduciary capacity in balancing CREWS and business/enterprise requirements in support of enterprise objectives.
- Supports and enables employee growth and development at both the executive and individual contributor level by providing effective and appropriate leadership, mentoring and coaching feedback to ensure communication and alignment of CREWS workforce with strategic and operational goals and objectives.
- Serves as a key leader and liaison on enterprise-wide level initiatives in support of strategic and operational needs and provides executive leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Performs additional responsibilities and executive leadership as appropriate.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 or more years of progressive real estate transaction or corporate and/or commercial real estate experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives, and delivering results to include real estate contracts, site selection, construction and development and finance within a complex matrix environment.
- 8 or more years of experience in leading, managing, training and developing a high-performing team of direct reports, as well as cross functional teams, to enhance skills, increase efficiency and deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced financial acumen with strong emphasis on net present value, ROI, payback evaluation, fiscal management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated and advanced critical thinking and logic.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate, negotiate and influence across a diverse group of stakeholders at all levels of the company, often with competing business needs and priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
What Sets You Apart
- Demonstrated accomplishments leading the real estate strategy and execution for a large, complex, multi-site enterprise, specifically in the post-pandemic RTO environment.
- Subject matter expert on real estate finance, i.e. net present value, ROI, payback evaluation, fiscal management, budgeting, rate of return, real estate leases, acquisition, disposition, negotiation, etc.
- Significant experience leading an annual commercial real estate operating budget over $250+M and capital improvement budgets over $100-$150M, covering multiple domains and millions of square feet.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $238,900 – $430,000.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.