Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. Itâ€™s both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. Weâ€™re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Licensed Insurance Customer Service role may be a new career for you. Thereâ€™s a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out and USAA is willing to invest in you! Our comprehensive, fully paid six-month training program includes all training materials, class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership independently.
Our in-office development program provides you the training you need on USAA products and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership. After six months in-office, youâ€™ll have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work from home 2 days a week.
For new hires starting in April, May or June we are offering a signing bonus of $2,000. Bonuses are paid in two equal installments of $1,000 after 45 days of employment and after one year of employment.
We are currently seeking dedicated Property & Casualty (P&C) active producer/agents with an
P&C producer agent license to work in our Phoenix office.
We have new training classes starting every month. Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
Work schedules will vary and may include some weekends.
As a Licensed Insurance Customer Service Representative, you’ll work within defined guidelines and framework, to provide customer service, sales, and retention activities for one or more of USAA’s Property & Casualty personal line products. You will interact with our members across multiple contact channels (i.e. inbound phone calls, email, chat, social media, etc.) to provide adequate coverage and advice to help ensure membersâ€™ financial security.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate the member experience by answering phone calls, emails, and other requests from members.
- Apply developing knowledge of personal lines insurance to assist members with foundational to moderately complex quotes, binding new business, rating, policy, billing, payment, underwriting, contract and coverage provisions, and premium changes for insurance products and services. Responsible for the respective trailing documents for all states.
- Identify, assess and understand member needs and consistently provide complete and accurate advice and solutions, including products and services. Provide detailed issue diagnosis while minimizing transfers, escalations and call backs.
- Use available tools and resources to support members with some assistance.
- Effectively operate in a contact center environment and navigate multiple systems/programs while maintaining an engaging member interaction that occurs across multiple channels.
- Maintain required Property & Casualty (P&C) licenses and state registrations.
- Identify and handle existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year of customer service experience in insurance, financial services and/or relevant direct customer service and/or sales experience
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, including navigating through multiple business applications
What Sets You Apart
- Current active personal lines or property and casualty license in your current state of residence/or state of hire
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
- Prior experience in a fast-paced contact center environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The hiring range for this position is: $46,366-$48,306
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.