Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
Join the team thatâ€™s helping better drivers to earn better car insurance rates.
Noblr, now a USAA company, is smart, app-powered car insurance that empowers its members to personalize their monthly car insurance rates using their smartphones. Our members log their trips with the Noblr app, get driving insights that help them continuously improve, and earn rewards for responsible driving.
Coaches, mentors and develops a team of front-line employees in a contact center environment that are responsible for providing member experience for the sales, service, retention and underwriting of personal lines products in all locations using multiple contact channels. Accountable for enterprise, financial, and market performance through their team’s results in relationship management, operational effectiveness, member retention and risk management.
We are seeking a dedicated Manager, Insurance Sales and Service.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employeeâ€™s manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from our main San Antonio, TX office.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Drives business results and revenue/product goal attainment; ensures team members provide appropriate product solutions to meet member needs.
- Manages day-to-day call center operations ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of assigned resources to fulfill their member contact responsibilities. (i.e., time management, schedule adherence, etc.)
- Handles member and Insurance Professional escalations and makes appropriate risk decisions based on policies.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression through regular coaching and timely feedback.
- Performs managerial duties to include selection, on-boarding, conducting performance evaluations, salary reviews, corrective actions, and resolution of employee issues to develop and retain a high-performing team.
- Identifies and executes process improvements which maximize operational efficiencies and enhance member experience; acts as a change agent
- Maintains current with required insurance licenses and routine and /or ad hoc required learning courses.
- Accountable for personal and team performance related to compliance and risk mitigation goals as well as quality, service, deepening and/or acquisition behaviors that are aligned to internal company policies, procedures and external regulatory standards. Dedicated to first line of defense quality, compliance and audits. Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform help mitigate risk and protect the brand and reputation of USAA.
- Required maintenance of Property & Casualty (P&C) license and state registrations.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree: OR 4 additional years (10 Total) of related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 or more years of customer service or sales experience.
- 2 or more years of team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and coach employees on insurance regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
What Sets You Apart
- Previous Auto P&C Management experience.
- Experience gathering, prioritizing, and providing real-time feedback to internal teams such as Engineering, Product and Design by being a spokesperson internally for the customer, promoting continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ability to work a hybrid role with a shift from 11am-8pm CST M-F out of the San Antonio office
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $71,490 – $136,690
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.