Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Director for our Audit – IT Integrated team. This role leads the planning, execution and oversight of the IT Integrated annual audit plan including risk-based assurance and advisory engagements driving quality of audit work for a designated staff agency or line of business/functional area.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX or Charlotte, NC. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
Your expertise maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators. Provides oversight to multiple audit engagements, engagement planning, fieldwork and reporting. Runs critical initiatives and leads in the development and implementation of a risk-based audit plan. Serves, and/or partners with subject matter expert(s) within audit or the business to analyze issues, establish and improve client relationships, and proactively work with client management to assess risk and improve internal controls. Responsible for forming teams with the knowledge and abilities vital to execute the audit plan, employee retention and overall team development. Ensures fiscally responsible expense management. Provides independent oversight and thought leadership for audit disciplines ensuring that audit plans, frameworks, standards, and processes provide appropriate risk coverage.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for timely delivery and quality execution of audit plan/reports, issue validation, driving continuous monitoring activities, and ensuring appropriate risks are covered for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Leads all aspects of the preparation of key reports and communications and may present to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.
- Provides effective challenge and approval of audit engagement scoping, planning, fieldwork and reporting. Provides insight in reviewing audit issues and identified root cause. Recognizes and communicates impact of related issues, MRIAs, MRAs and Enterprise issues on audit engagements and risk profile.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of audit process and performance standards; identifies and recommends internal audit process improvements. Proactively identifies potential process concerns and follows-up to resolve issues with Audit leadership.
- Communicates effectively with key stakeholders across the enterprise and external regulators to ensure audit objectives are met and the overall mission of USAA and risk-based and difficult messages are delivered timely.
- Directly leading and developing teams with varied strengths with the requisite knowledge and skillsets vital to complete the audit plan through recruitment, training, coaching, skills assessment results review, performance management and related managerial activities.
- Updates universe risk assessment information with current and applicable research, industry feedback and audit results. Reviews audit universe for completeness for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for providing oversight of issue severity and impact to business processes and the control environment. Escalates broad and systemic themes to Audit and business leaders.
- Effectively challenges business management to adopt appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls designed to mitigate risks.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience leading and directing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in Audit theory, internal audit principles with demonstrated experience in audit examining, analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging Controls with business partners and influencing business outcomes.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
What Sets You Apart
- Validated experience in large financial services IT/Security internal audit department or equivalent IT/Security audit experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls, business and information technology risks (focus on IT application risks and controls) and/or audit techniques in a large financial services organization
- Experience auditing to Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council’s (FFIEC) handbooks and standards
- Advanced knowledge of IT Governance, Risk Management and IT General Controls to include, in depth knowledge of industry frameworks/standards used for IT internal controls (COBIT, NIST CSF, ISO, PCI-DSS etc.) focus on Information technology and security risk in highly regulated environment.
- Preferred designations include CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or other relevant business designations
- Experience performing and leading audits of technology change initiatives and systems implementations.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $132,500- $253,220
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.