Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a Business Risk and Controls Advisor – Senior. This position is within the Bankâ€™s OmniChannel Quality, Risk and Controls â€“ Issue Validation and Remediation team, which is responsible for validating issue closure and remediation efforts. This role is positioned in the First Line of Defense.
This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of business divisions to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured and controlled.
- Follows written compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads and drives solutions for stronger controls, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product or process control identification.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of controls and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Responsible for risk data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, applying business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively finds opportunities to improve the control environment through practical insights.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to improve governance practices in alignment with frameworks.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases for effective and timely risk remediation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses. Identifies critical areas to monitor and advances issues and findings to appropriate partners.
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Serves as a primary resource to team members.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry; OR 6 years of experience in a relevant quantitative field; OR Advanced degree or designation in a Risk management or quantitative field, and 4 years of experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related activities; OR PhD in a Risk management or quantitative field, and 2 years of experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable guidance to include OCC Heightened Standards, BSA/AML, REG E, UDAAP/UDAP, TILA/REG Z, SCRA, FCRA, MLA.
What Sets You Apart
- 2+ yearsâ€™ experience with Issue Validation, Remediation, Audit and/or Control Testing Processes
- Ability to problem solve, demonstrate critical thinking, and heightened risk acumen
- Ability to inspire change and collaborate with all levels of management
- Proven experience to optimally perform root cause and trend analysis
- Proven command of timelines/ timeline / project management; ability to multi-task with efficiency and accuracy in high pressure and exposure environments
- Demonstrated and proven track record of impactful risk reduction within business / first line of defense
- Experience at large or complex bank/financial institutions
- Experience with communicating and presenting key concepts to leadership
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $86,500 – $165,340
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.