At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a hard-working Business Process Owner Mid-Levelâ€™s-Bank (Hybrid).
A business process owner, plans, directs, and coordinates activities for moderately sophisticated and sophisticated processes, including problem definition, evaluation of requirements, design, testing, and implementation of business processes. Understands the process operating objectives, business rules, performance requirements, risks, and controls and interactions between dependent processes to minimize failures, eliminate duplications, and control process performance vital to achieve efficient, effective design and execution of the process. Supports alignment of process to overall experience strategy and vision.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are successfully identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities. Applies knowledge of the business to understand customer gaps in performance, and develops, modifies, re-engineerâ€™s customer specific process program plans in alignment with business results and enterprise strategy to achieve the level of desired performance.
- Participates in the implementation of customer engagement and product development plans as functional guide bringing different perspective to leverage multiple ways of thinking while developing end-user focused process solutions.
- Plans and coordinates the overall health of processes by developing control limits, supervising key performance indicators, etc.
- Assists in business process risk management by using established methodologies and exercising control plans to ensure alignment with business unit specific requirements, process requirements, and business needs.
- Assists in identification of business unit and business process risks across assigned activities.
- Develops communication plans for customers and internal team members.
- Ensures alignment between internal partners and customers across assigned business process projects and services using proactive communication and engagement strategies.
- Uses reporting, data, and analytics to measure process and project performance, adjust services and operational activities, and advise key partners.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years business process execution/knowledge/experience, consulting, and/or process engineering/optimization.
- Experience in optimally applying quality management, process improvement, and problem-solving tools and methodologies.
- Hands on experience with process mapping and modeling and crafting and validating process documentation.
- Understanding and application of process management standards and policies, and knowledge of applicable regulations and risk management practices.
- Proven experience with using various systems to collect and analyze data.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable guidance to include OCC Heightened Standards, BSA/AML, REG E, UDAAP/UDAP.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience with retail banking processes.
- Bank or Financial industry experience.
- Risk and controls experience.
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $71,490 – $136,690
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.