Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Associate Retirement Income Specialist for our San Antonio, Plano, Colorado, Tampa, or Phoenix Offices.
This position is a hybrid work type with the possibility to work remotely 2 days a week after 6 months. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
As an Associate Retirement Income Specialist, you will help to ensure the financial security of our membership by assessing our members current retirement income needs, providing advice, and making appropriate recommendations based on member needs.
What You’ll Do
- Receive requests for advice from current and prospective members through various channels, including inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Ask questions to discover key information and retirement events and understand need or problem. Documents relevant information.
- Assess member financial situation and goals.
- Develop and communicate appropriate retirement income strategies based on individual member needs. Provides retirement advice and strategies and understand the steps in creating an effective retirement income plan.
- Recommend relevant financial product(s) and services and refers for solutions that they are not trained and/or licensed to recommend or fulfill.
- Motivate member to take action on recommendation(s) and overcomes objections using basic sales techniques and developing persuasion skills. Implements recommendation(s).
- Familiar with the latest retirement strategy research and monitors legislative initiatives that may impact economy, society, and personal financial situation.
- Educate membership on implications of economic, industry trends, tax law changes, estate issues, retirement risks, and other threats to an effective retirement income plan, as well as USAA’s financial products and services.
- Integrate risk management tools, products, and strategies to create an effective retirement income plan.
- May be expected to conduct outbound phone calls to follow up on products and services previously discussed.
- Identify and handle existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- Valid Life/Health license and required maintenance and/or ability to acquire within 90 days of hire.
- At least 1 year financial industry and/or sales experience.
- Experience delivering frequent written and oral communication.
- Experience acquiring and applying new concepts and information.
- Experience processing and analyzing information.
- Experience fulfilling requests within specific timelines.
- Experience resolving issues and negotiating.
- Experience multi-tasking in an operating systems environment.
- Experience participating in or leading teams.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
What Sets You Apart
- Current OR prior FINRA licenses 6, 7, 63, 65 or 66 and/or ability to obtain FINRA licenses
- Currently hold a Group 1 Life and Health License
- 1 year of Annuity Sales Experience
- Experience Working in an Inbound/Outbound Call Center
- Retirement Income Certified Professional Designation (RICP)
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $ 54,130.00-$93,870.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.