Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated IT Financial Analyst Senior who will be responsible for solving complex business problems while performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management or operating expense. Mentors team members to execute more complex financial processes and analysis, utilizing financial principles. Ensures all activities are completed within regulatory and compliance guidelines.
This position is a hybrid work type and will be based in our Charlotte, NC location. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
This position does not have the option of working fully remote.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads team or process in delivery of financial forecasts/plans for a business area or function; guides team members and oversees implementation of forecasting/planning process and model improvement initiatives and business solutions.
- Prepares and guides team on complex financial reports and analysis or cost benefit analysis to support and provides insight for internal and external management decision-making.
- Interprets complex financial information and makes recommendations to business leaders. Implements solutions to key financial and operational opportunities.
- Contributes to achievement of business goals and objectives by delivering value-added business decision support to customers and business partners across the organization.
- Leads product assignments, product pricing, product profitability and ad-hoc analysis.
- Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed, proactive analysis and business insights to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
- Interacts with senior management and company leadership, guides team and promotes innovation and productivity to support USAA’s mission and operating state.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes and serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics; OR a related field 4 additional years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years experience conducting complex financial/accounting analysis and providing actionable insights to various stakeholders OR Advanced degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field, progress towards a CPA or CFA designation and, 4 years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience.
- Experience using financial/accounting technologies.
- Experience communicating key financial/accounting concepts.
- Finance/accounting experience in a financial services environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Excel for significant financial data analysis.
- Experience in the application and adherence to financial regulations and compliance.
- Experience producing financial reports and providing recommendations based on data.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience in the management of the IT budget through the timely delivery of financial reports
- Experience creating month-end accruals and journal entries in partnership with the accounting team
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including IT departmental expenses and capital expenditures
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $ 91,880 – $ 165,340
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.