Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Life, Annuity, Service Specialist for our Phoenix, AZ location to supports company goals to become the financial services provider of choice and ensure financial security for our members by building relationships when assisting members with life and health product or service requests and acquisition.
What You’ll Do
- Receives and fulfills member service requests for all life policy, annuity and health policy changes through various member contact channels.
- Applies foundational member servicing techniques.
- Asks questions to discover key information and life events in order to understand the member need, and documents relevant information.
- Recognizes member verbal cues and potential opportunities to meet the memberâ€™s need through a product or service.
- Encourages member to take action to address needs and opportunities.
- Supports enterprise business goals through the achievement of individual referral and product acquisition goals.
- Availability to work a shift anytime during our operating hours Monday – Friday, 7:30am-6:00pm Central time
- Phoenix, AZ Office
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Up to 1 year of relevant customer service or sales experience.
- Experience multi-tasking within a Windows operating system environment required.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
What Sets You Apart
- At least 6 months of Life and/or Annuity Service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or General Business (or related) from an accredited university.
- Current Group 1 Life/Health License
- 2+years of customer contact experience in a call center environment where multi-tasking is required.
- Experience cross selling or up-selling products
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner (optional)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $ 43,680.00-$59,990.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.