Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. Itâ€™s both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a significant way. To do it right, we need the right people. Weâ€™re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special! Military Veterans and Spouses are highly encouraged to apply!
We have multiple desk based positions available for onsite or hybrid (as defined of at least three days in the office, or based on business needs) or remote work situations. Preferred candidates are expected to live within a commutable distance of one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, or Chesapeake, VA.
As an Injury Adjuster, you will work within defined guidelines and framework, responsible to adjust non-attorney involved soft tissue bodily injury or auto PIP/MP medical claims to include confirming coverage, determining liability, investigating, evaluating, negotiating, defending, and settling claims in compliance with state laws and regulations. Accountable for delivering a concierge level of best in class member service through setting appropriate expectations, proactive communications, advice, and compassion.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 10:00a.m. – 6:30p.m. local office time
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Adjusts non-attorney involved soft tissue bodily injury claims, as well as all auto physical damage associated with those claims.
- Adjusts soft tissue, moderately complex and complex 1st party PIP/MP medical claims.
- Identifies, confirms, and makes coverage decisions on soft tissue claims.
- Investigates loss details, determines legal liability, evaluates, negotiates, and arrives at claim settlement within appropriate authority guidelines.
- Clearly documents thought process, investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement decisions.
- Provides advice and sets expectations into next steps to members.
- Collaborates and supports team members to resolve issues and identify appropriate matters for escalation.
- Partners and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate timely claims resolution.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 year of auto liability adjusting experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of the auto claims contract as well as application of case and state laws and regulations
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license within 90 days and designated number of attempts
- Military Experience or Affiliation
- Ongoing Professional Development with a focus on Insurance
- 2+ years Auto Liability/Casualty adjusting experience to include complex/multi vehicle liability
- Bachelorsâ€™ Degree or higher.
- 1yr Medical experience to include coding and billing or EMT
Current Requirements Are As Follows
Work from home member contact employees must have access to minimum broadband internet connection standards as defined by CTDO.
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop computer set up (provided) and hard-wired via an ethernet cord directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA customer.
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA provides.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is:
$54,130.00 – $93,870.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.