Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Business Advisor Senior supporting (P&C Claims).
This position is a hybrid work type based at the San Antonio Home Office, Tampa Campus, Tampa Crosstown, Phoenix Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Chesapeake office or the Plano office. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
In this position, you will advise stakeholders by providing business planning guidance to include research, development, planning and implementation of procedures and processes to increase business viability and ensure compliance and/or product competitiveness and profitable growth. Develops and implements solutions to influence business decisions for relevant CoSA or line(s) of business. Develops best in practice solutions to complex business challenges. Identifies opportunities to change, enhance, or streamline existing business projects and initiatives. Identifies regulatory and/or operational gaps within the experience to mitigate key risks associated with financial, reputational or member harm.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Identifies compliance and/or profit growth opportunities and provides guidance on procedure and process improvements to influence business optimization.
- Leads teams and owns project management action plans, business rules analysis and development, product development and service delivery.
- Collaborates with enterprise partners to facilitate the development of business rules, requirements and artifacts for business projects and initiatives, and responsible for required documentation of business decisions.
- Responsible for monitoring risks within the internal control environment and advising on and recommending risk mitigation actions by collaborating with Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk Management, and Business Experience Owners.
- Coordinates training, communications and related activities for new processes, product updates etc. where changes may be more complex and/or may have cross-functional impact.
- May conduct root cause diagnostics of key processes, controls, regulatory requirements to identify and document these issues
- Monitors, develop and communicate audit testing, control testing and examination requests.
- Assists with development and management of operational reporting and provides trend analyses and solutions.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 6 years of project management, process consulting, or business optimization planning experience within the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry technology applications, such as Salesforce, SharePoint, Portal, CRM, CBS, Fiserve, KDIM, Fideility, Metric Stream or other industry related applications.
- Experience developing solutions and recommendations that will increase efficiency and improve business decisions, including managing performance and profitability, in adherence to risk and compliance guidelines.
- Knowledgeable in the applications of Agile process and procedures.
- Knowledge and application of risk management frameworks and regulatory requirements for applicable LOB.
- Demonstrated experience in developing communications and delivering key information effectively to stakeholders and all levels of management to influence decisions centered around business optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What Sets You Apart
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience as a P&C claims professional.
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrating advanced skillset in creating detailed visuals and presentations, via PowerPoint, highlighting data and trends to be shared with executive level leaders.
- Extensive experience leading high profile projects spanning multiple teams with strict deadlines and deliverables.
- Excellent communicator and contextual story teller (i.e. Toastmasters), with a strong ability to interpret data using advanced Excel skills and develop data driven recommendations to improve key metrics.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $78,670 – $150,333.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.