Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. Itâ€™s both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. Weâ€™re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Bank Customer Service role may be a new career for you. Thereâ€™s a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out and USAA is willing to invest in you! Our comprehensive, fully paid three-month training program includes all training materials, class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership independently.
Our in-office development program provides the training you need and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership. After six months in-office, youâ€™ll have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work from home 2 days a week.
We are currently seeking dedicated professionals to work in our Tampa office for future bank customer service and sales opportunities in 2023. Work schedules times will vary and will include weekends.
We have new training classes starting every month. Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
As a Bank Customer Service Representative, you’ll work within defined guidelines, to facilitate the financial security of members through needs-based sales and service conversations on a single Banking line of business or product set. In this role, you will make a difference to our members as you identify immediate and underlying financial needs and respond with relevant solutions through offering USAA Banking products and services.
What You’ll Do
- Provide operational support to members with their banking needs on a single Banking product.
- Review accounts and processes transactions that may require regulatory action.
- Identify and confirm the memberâ€™s immediate request(s) and works to resolve issues.
- Explore memberâ€™s banking needs and respond with needs-based solutions.
- Recommend new banking products that might be of interest to the member.
- Maintain a high level of member satisfaction and demonstrate commitment to quality through member interactions.
- Identify and handle existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
What You Have
- High School Diploma OR GED
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with members by phone to process banking requests and provide information on banking products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while navigating through multiple business applications
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment is required
What Sets You Apart
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
- 1 year of customer contact experience in a needs-based sales environment
- Experience in a fast-paced contact center environment
- 6+ months experience frequently communicating (minimum 60 percent of the time) with customers by phone
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The hiring range for this position is: $43,680 – $44,680.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.