Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are looking for a Director, Bank Business Process for the Bank Omnichannel Experience and Delivery team, which includes servicing environments, including inbound calls, outbound calls, chat, social media and digital servicing . This is a people manager position.
Oversees a team of business professionals that are responsible for the review of existing procedures and business processes and the collaborating with leaders on identified process gaps to mitigate potential risk and align to Bank business strategy. Guides team members to collaborate with enterprise leaders & partners on the facilitation, development and deployment of process improvement solutions. Maintains compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Uses and oversees reporting, data, and analytics to measure process and project performance, adjust services and operational activities, and advise & influence key stakeholders.
- Ensures risk mitigation is a top priority by diagnosing and quickly resolving risk opportunities.
- Influences line of business and business processes to address risk across all activities.
- Identifies business process risks and ensures that appropriate controls are collected, documented, sustained and ultimately mitigated.
- Drives the development of business process improvements for the Bank that aligns business deliverables, bank strategy and risk management framework. Ensures alignment with customer and appropriate bank roadmap(s) and strategy.
- Identifies and implement process improvement and process excellence across various aspects of assigned organization.
- Guides team members in providing strategic change management to ensure sustained and compliant process improvement initiatives.
- Assesses risks associated with current and proposed processes against business objectives and ensure alignment with the bankâ€™s risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Builds and is responsible for a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4+ years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of experience in business process consultation, process design, developing business processes, procedures, measures, metrics.
- 4+ years of experience leading programs/projects, business process owner/consultant or working in an agile environment.
- 3+ years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Extensive experience in applying quality management, process improvement, and leveraging process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Experience applying retail bank subject matter expertise to simplify the customer experience, standardize process execution, and automate where possible.
- Expert experience/knowledge of Risk Management frameworks and Banking Regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes.
What Sets You Apart
- Omni Channel servicing environments, including inbound calls, outbound calls, chat, social media and digital servicing
- Understanding of critical inbound contact center service metrics
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence with ability to present information in a variety of formats (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Experience driving employee satisfaction and engagement
- Experience supporting Agile project management
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $132,500 – $253,220
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.