At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This position is a
hybrid work type
and can be based in one of the following locations:
San Antonio, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL.
Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
Join the team thatâ€™s helping better drivers to earn better car insurance rates. Noblr, now a USAA company, is smart, app-powered car insurance that empowers its members to personalize their monthly car insurance rates using their smartphones. Our members log their trips with the Noblr app, get driving insights that help them continuously improve, and earn rewards for responsible driving.
Responsible for creating new, modifying existing, and performing ad-hoc reporting in support of business processes and data-driven decision making. Develops an understanding of the business/customer and builds strong relationships with stakeholders. Delivers value through data analysis and reporting and adapts to changing business needs.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Facilitates business projects of moderately complex size and visibility by defining the business problem and identifying data requirements.
- Contributes to the development of moderately complex business solutions, which may include data, reporting, business intelligence or analytics.
- Leverages working knowledge of multiple data structures and sources to perform moderately complex data manipulation using standard data extraction and analytical tools and techniques.
- Develops the business knowledge to recognize the connection between the business operations and analytics to support business strategies and solutions.
- Escalates suggestions for improving the reporting processes.
- Ensures that operational reports are complete and provide accurate data to enable business functions to carry on day-to-day operations.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2 years of experience in data analysis/extraction, statistics, data management, analytics and/or data reporting.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques; requirements gathering; Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of compliance, risk management, and data security frameworks.
What Sets You Apart
- Hands on SQL experience.
- Property & Casualty industry experience in Auto, Property, Commercial Lines or actuarial experience a plus.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative degree.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$59,070 – $106,340.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.