Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Director, Campaign Management â€“ Owned & Operated.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
USAA Bank Marketing team is a growth engine for the bank, with a laser focus on our mission. We are looking for a Director of Campaign Management who will share our passion to serve those who have served.
This position is a leadership role that will oversee a team focused primarily on Email and Direct Mail channels, driving bank marketing campaign execution with a focus on quality, speed to market, and a lens toward compliance and risk management. This individual will have expertise in email and direct mail, with an understanding of Marketing Operations to continually focus on process improvement, challenge the status quo, drive innovation and partner with MarTech, Enterprise Marketing Operations, Bank and other teams within USAA as new technology is deployed.
This role directs marketing plans to support company and enterprise marketing and sales goals. It also plans and directs efforts in the areas of campaign planning, campaign execution, research, promotion and communication, analysis, distribution channels, data base marketing systems, and budget. In addition, this role continually evaluates and adjusts marketing and communication strategy to meet changing market/competitive conditions and member needs. Itâ€™s also responsible for cost effective expenditures to achieve goals. Work involves broad latitude for decision-making and review of actions through goal attainment. The individual in this role will provide input to product development, marketing, sales, service, and operations regarding attainment of business goals and objectives. Responsibilities also include hiring, developing, and evaluating personnel.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and run existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Use extensive practical and industry knowledge within a marketing field and to integrate critical information from many diverse areas.
- Apply and/or develop advanced marketing concepts.
- Provide input to senior managers in developing and establishing marketing policies.
- Provide general direction to and review of marketing programs and staff.
- Develop organizational policies and authorizes implementation of same.
- Responsible for work prioritization important to the overall success of all aspects and phases of the organization, the execution of which may involve in the complexities of day today operational problems.
- Ensure that overall budget schedules and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
- Direct the planning, execution, and analysis of company marketing program to include the creation, coordination, and implementation of distribution schedules across multiple channels (direct mail, email, interactive, etc.).
- Develop strategic and operational marketing plans for product offerings and member programs.
- Partner with Client Management, Integrated Marketing, and creative agencies to develop market goals and objectives and to create/implement marketing plans and strategies to achieve goals.
- Achieve market performance goals.
- Monitors, evaluate, and adjust company specific marketing plans to meet market performance measures.
- Report campaign results to senior management.
- Participate in the development of new products and services, new marketing strategies and new channels of distribution to ensure products meet the needs of members.
- Create and allocate budgets to support the various marketing plans.
- Responsible for cost effective expenditures.
- Responsible for providing systems support for the marketing function.
- Provide guidance to system users groups and application design teams.
- Approve system modification work orders and recommends priorities.
What You Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in working in marketing field, to include 4 or more years of experience in direct supervisory experience or leading marketing efforts of the highest complexity.
- 4 or more years of leadership or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing teams, large scale projects and people (coaching, performance management and employee development), influencing business strategies and solutions, and applying innovative ways to address business problems and solutions.
- Demonstrated complete understanding of the business operations and scientific/quantitative analytics.
- Solid understanding of MS Office. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams, sell ideas, and obtain Senior Management endorsement, and deliver results.
What Sets You Apart
- 10+ years of large bank experience with credit and lending products.
- Expert knowledge of Direct Mail and Email channels along with marketing processes and capabilities in support of the channels.
- Expert understanding of Marketing Operations specifically related to complex offers and campaigns.
- Strong understanding of laws and regulations related to the banking/finance sector.
- Analytical thinking ability that can be translated to drive strategic decision-making.
- Strong ability to build relationships, influence, and coach across all levels of the organization, and without having direct authority.
- Demonstrated people leadership excellence; coaching, managing, and building a high performing team.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$115,240 – $220,270.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.