Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are looking for experienced Sr. Property Field Adjusters South of Atlanta, GA. A company vehicle is provided.
As a Senior Property Insurance Adjuster, you will work within established guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle moderate to large loss complex property insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize liability exposure and negotiate equitable settlements in compliance with all state regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve levels.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance.
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various sources, including the insured, third parties, and external resources.
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that involve additional information or considerations regarding settlement amount.
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms. Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as needed to include working significant overtime; may involve deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person inspections.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- 2 yearsâ€™ relevant property claims adjusting experience of moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating platform.
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate complexity.
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.
Physical Demand Requirements
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driverâ€™s license.
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs, this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs and attics.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience on a Property Catastrophe team handling inside or field claims (i.e. wind, hail, hurricane, flooding)
- Experience adjusting large loss complex property claims caused by catastrophic events
- Residential property adjusting experience handling DWG, APS and ALE adjustments
- Estimate writing skills using Xactimate, ClaimsX or virtual estimating
- Xactimate level 1 and/or level 2 certification
- Insurance Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Currently hold an active P&C Adjuster license
- Prior experience working directly for a standard insurance carrier
- Available to work extended hours to support CAT claims
- Currently reside South of Atlanta (30-50 miles)
- US military service or military spouse
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $60,900 – $109,700.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.