Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated
Senior Compensation Advisor
to work in any of our USAA Locations.
This position is a
work type and can be based in one of the following locations:
San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL or Chesapeake, VA
. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
This individual contributor role will be responsible for coordinating Executive Compensation programs. Responsible for research and providing recommendations to Compensation leadership. This advisor will prepare high level briefings and will draft governance documents (i.e. Procedures, Controls) and responses to regulatory inquiries.
What You’ll Do
- Provides advanced knowledge and mentorship in the design, assessment, implementation and/or administration of Executive compensation programs, practices and policies.
- Proactively identifies and analyzes organizational trends, market data, and industry practices to identify root causes and address compensation issues.
- Advises senior leadership and HR Business Partners on Executive compensation programs, practices and policies to ensure market competitiveness, strategic alignment and legal compliance.
- Consults with HR and business partners.
- Provides mentorship, oversight, and communication on Executive compensation programs, practices and policies as well as the total rewards philosophy and strategy.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members and acts as a resource for raised issues of an unusual nature.
- Leads compensation projects and initiatives with an enterprise-wide impact.
- Represents Compensation in cross-functional teams.
- Coordinates with key partners for the development and implementation of systems and processes which support compensation projects and initiatives.
- Develops learning resources and conducts training to educate management and employees on compensation-related programs, practices and policies, ensuring compliance with legal standards and strategic alignment.
What Youâ€™ll Have
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience in a compensation discipline, or related experience in HR, Finance, or business sales operations to include general business consulting/analysis experience or business management experience, and developing knowledge of relevant compensation and/or HR laws.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, and/or supporting documentation.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
- Federal and state fair employment practices laws including Equal Pay Acts and other nondiscrimination laws.
- Federal contractor and affirmative action laws and regulations such as Executive Order 11246.
- Knowledge of Interagency Guidance on Sound Compensation Policies (75 FR 36395) and Internal Revenue Code requirements applicable to executive compensation.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience designing and/or administering Executive Rewards programs with strong risk and controls while partnering with internal and external clients/vendors.
- Experience drafting policy and procedure documents/brochures for Executive Rewards programs.
- Experience with Executive Rewards programs tied to corporate transaction events.
- Experience preparing briefings to senior management and/or the Board of Directors.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with Workday Compensation Modules.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $95,250.00 – $182,030.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.