Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Property General Adjuster in the Knoxville or Chattanooga, TN area. A company vehicle is provided.
As a Property General Adjuster, you will work within defined guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle the highest complexity property insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will confirm/analyze coverage, recognize liability exposure and negotiate equitable settlement in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. You will recognize and empathize with membersâ€™ life events, as appropriate.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with highest complexity damages that require considerable knowledge and understanding of claims coverage.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to facilitate highest complexity claims resolution. May also involve external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance.
- Extensive evaluation for highly complex claims, involving lengthy research and determination of settlement. Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential discrepancies resulting from research involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experience staff on complicated claim situations.
- Determines coverage through analyzing extensive information involving highly complex policy terms, including claim resolution.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that involve additional information or considerations regarding settlement amount.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate.
- Determines and negotiates highly complex settlement. Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file with critical documentation throughout the claims process for highly complex.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms. Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property insurance claims.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for claims handling.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as needed to include working significant overtime; may require deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Works independently solving complex problems with minimal guidance; acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May require travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person inspections.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- 4 yearsâ€™ relevant property claims adjusting experience that includes writing estimates of moderate-highly complex claims and field adjusting experience.
- 2 yearsâ€™ experience handling dwelling claims.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating platform. Expert knowledge estimating losses of moderate complexity.
- Advanced knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Proficient knowledge of residential construction.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or work catastrophe duty when needed.
Physical Demand Requirements
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs, this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs and attics.
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined attic spaces and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driverâ€™s license.
What Sets You Apart
- Prior General Adjuster experience with a Standard Insurance Carrier
- Property field adjuster experience handling large loss, heavy structure claims and ALE management
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Insurance Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA, AINS
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $76,230 – $137,190.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.