Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Mid-Level Retirement Income Specialist for our San Antonio, Plano, Colorado, Tampa, or Phoenix Offices.
This position is a hybrid work type with the possibility to work remotely 2 days a week after 6 months. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â€“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
As a Mid-Level Retirement Income Specialist you will ensure the financial security of our membership by assessing member’s current retirement income needs, providing advice, and making the appropriate recommendations based on member needs.
What You’ll Do
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Receives request for advice from current and prospective members through various channels, including inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Asks questions to discover key information and retirement events and understands the role of annuities in a retirement income plans, as well as executive and retirement benefits for federal and military employees.
- Documents relevant information as it relates to building a retirement income portfolio.
- Uncovers and recognizes retirement events, understands and assesses the member’s needs, financial situation, and goals and evaluates the factors to consider when determining an appropriate retirement age.
- Develops and communicates appropriate retirement income strategies based on individual member needs.
- Provides advanced retirement planning advice, tax-efficient distribution options, health expense budgets, insurance solutions, estate planning and enhanced solutions like long term care products.
- Recommends relevant financial product and services and refers for solutions that they are not trained and/or licensed to recommend or fulfill.
- Motivates member to take action on recommendation(s) and overcomes objections using advanced sales techniques and persuasion skills. Implements recommendation(s).
- Familiar with the latest retirement strategy research and monitors legislative initiatives that may impact economy, society, and personal financial situation.
- Educates membership on implications of economic, industry trends, tax law changes, estate issues, retirement risks, and other threats to an effective retirement income plan, as well as USAA’s financial products and services.
- Integrate risk management tools, products, and strategies to create an effective retirement income plan.
- Expected to conduct outbound calls to follow up on products and services previously discussed and to actively engage in outbound call campaigns. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Guides and influences less experienced team members.
What You Have
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required
- Active Group 1 Life & Health license
- Active, in good standing, and maintained FINRA 7 license
- Active, in good standing, and maintained FINRA Series 66 (or 63 & 65) license
- 4 years of relevant financial services experience
What Sets You Apart
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner.
- 3+ years of direct Annuity Sales Experience
- Experience working in an Inbound/Outbound Call Center
- Retirement Income Certified Professional Designation (RICP)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What We Offer
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $65,090.00-$124,330.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.