Letâ€™s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nationâ€™s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. Weâ€™re over 37,000 strong, working as one to create a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Theyâ€™re what guides everything we do â€“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This position is currently remote with the possibility of returning to the office and/or becoming a Hybrid position.
Work Hours: Monday – Thursday 6:30 am – 3:30 pm PST
Friday 5:00 am -11:00 am PST
Day Light Savings Hours – 730am- 430 pm and 6am-12pm AZ time
Within defined guidelines and framework, handles various types of consumer loan collection efforts in the final stages of delinquency which includes asset and collateral recovery. Reviews member accounts that are in default to initiate repossession and recovery process. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations to effectively handle risks associated with the disposition of repossessed collateral.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Provides excellent customer service while resolving collection issues and discrepancies on member delinquent accounts. Ensures compliance with internal processes and state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for handling assigned accounts to contact appropriate customers and resolve collection of account/assets in a timely manner.
- Communicates with third party vendors to approve necessary fees associated with repossession activities. Reviews third party vendor activities to confirm vendor invoices are accurate. Generates payment to third party vendors.
- Partners with vendors to resolve any issues with sale and/or transport of repossessed collateral. Requests titles or necessary documents for repossessed collateral.
- Works with and reconciles collateral auction proceeds and auction fees associated with the sale. Produces after sale letter to align with state and federal requirements.
- Gathers information to update various systems related to the member, collateral or service provider.
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 year of collections experience to include loan servicing and/or repossession experience in a financial services organization.
- Developing knowledge of Banking laws and regulations.
- Ability to work in a high-volume area and complete work with accuracy and within a specified response time.
- Working experience in Microsoft System Operating System to include Word and Excel.
- Call Center Experience
- Loan Repossession experience
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $43,680.00 – $60,900.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.